- “Bible” – 146,000,000 hits – #1 is Bible Gateway
- “Jesus” – 199,000,000 hits- #1 is Wikipedia
- “Church” – 442,000,000 hits- #1 is Wikipedia
- “Church of Christ” – 9,360,000 hits – #1 is church-of-christ.org
(Results from 12/13/08 to 12/23/08.)
What does this mean?
Regrettably, the church is getting embarrassingly beat down in the most widely used media on the planet.
- We have generally ignored it!
- We are deathly afraid of it!
- We don’t think it is meaningful or useful to evangelism!
What if someone was looking for the truth? Where would they look? The yellow pages? For a local gospel meeting? NO! They would search online FIRST!
1st by Blogging.
Major companies now pay bloggers to write and tag short articles. Those articles and tags are detected by the search engines and increase the likelihood that when a person types a specific word into their search tab, it will direct them to their company.
How does this apply to Christians?
Every Christian on the planet, who has a computer (or access to one), needs to start a blog. This blog should focus around some aspect of your life, whether it is your profession, hobby, family or simply your faith. Then, begin developing a weekly post about your walk with Christ integrated with your theme. Your goal is to share your faith through your every day life. Your faith-based posts should include things like…
- How I became a Christian
- What God says about becoming a Christian in the Bible
- What I studied in Sunday Bible Class
- What I am studying in my own personal study time
- How I am living out my faith every day.
- Sharing meaningful reviews of books that promote spiritual growth
- Prayer requests and answered prayers
- Congregational contact information
and then tagging them with words that will direct people to find and read them such as…
- Bible Study
- Church of Christ
Over a course of time, with consistency the church can reclaim a significant portion of the internet and truly let our light shine in a place that needs a lot of light.
If 1 Million Christians started and wrote 1 blog each, tagging it with Church, Bible, Jesus and church of Christ our presence would increase slightly.
Church Blog Theory
If 1 Million Christians stared a blog and wrote & tagged 1 post every week for 52 weeks we could change the face of the internet for GOOD!In addition, a “faith based” blog is a fantastic way to evangelize. Read More
Are you in?