Delivery of audio messages over the internet has had astounding success. One technology that has facilitated its success is the audio podcast. The Social Media Bible reports that more than 30 million people are subscribers to podcast.* A number of ministers and congregations have begun delivering both sermons and other encouraging messages via podcast.
This technology offers several benefits:
- Allows absent members to listen to a sermon they missed
- Provides ability to share podcast with others
- Allows visitors to learn more about your congregation before they visit
- Provides a foundation for discussion with listeners
- Allows the truth to be available globally
Free Online Podcasting Services
Safko, Lon, and David K. Brake. 2009. The Social Media Bible: tactics, tools, and strategies for business success. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons.